none
App Failed to Activate in debug mode RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed VS 2017 on Windows 10 on OS build 15063.138.  I made a simple Universal app with one line of ZAML code.  I used C# for the language.  

I get the "Unable to activate Windows Store app... 'The app didn't start" error when launching the app from VS 2017 in debug mode.  I do not get the error with I launch the release mode from VS 2017. 

Is there a debug setting I need to change to get the debugger to run in VS 2017?  

Is there a system policy that is preventing the debugger to launch?

Is there something else I should try?  

Ted Kyle

Sunday, April 16, 2017 2:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Ted Kyle,

Whether all UWP apps have the same issue in debugging mode or just the specific one?

For example, just create a simple UWP app, and then debug it, how about the result?

(1) Whether it just has one UWP app in your solution? Please check that whether it is related to the  wrong Solution/Project Platform.

(2) Please also save the project in the default VS project folder in C drive, and then test it again.

(3) Please also delete the bin or obj file in your project folder, and then re-open the project, clean and rebuild the project, debug it again.

Thanks,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 2:29 AM