none
VSTO Excel addin won't show up nor start up RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Developing a Excel 2010 Addin with VS2012 deployed using ClickOnce.
    From my machine it's been working OK for a while, I publish a new version and on start Excel via ClickOnce will retrieve the latest version from a share location.
    As I've been fighting this issue for a few days now I'm not sure what I did to end up in that situation but I believe I tried uninstalling the addin via Add/Remove and now whenever I install the ClickOnce application from the same location, same name with same version or more recent it won't ever show anymore in the addin manager in Excel 2010. It's possible it all started by clicking on the Remove button in the addin manager within Excel itself. I'm not sure now.
    Only by renaming the registry key in (HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\MY_ADDIN_NAME_BANNED_BY_EXCEL\ with a name I haven't ever used before that the addin will show up in Excel and auto startup (reguistered with LoadBehavior of 3).
    I noticed as well that when deleting registry keys from this location whilst trying to solve my issues that previously used registry keys of addins which would no longer load up keep on being recreated by Excel on startup albeit with no sub-keys. If I do a full registry search of say MY_ADDIN_NAME_THAT_GETS_RECREATED_BY_EXCEL in the whole registry I will find nothing.
    I've enabled VSTO debugging and no error shows up and Excel starts up very quickly implying that Excel isn't even trying to load the VSTO at all.
    I've been searching for this all around the Internet and I haven't been able to find any information on the subject (ClickOnce deployed VSTOs not being loaded yet correctly registered) yet some members within my organisation had the exact same issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Thursday, August 15, 2013 2:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Daniel,

I will consult my colleagues on this issue, and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jeffrey

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 16, 2013 8:49 AM