none
VISUAL STUDIO COMMUNITY 2015 LICENSING ISSUE RRS feed

• Question

• From what I'm reading, Visual Studio Community is free and is now part of the Unity3d Installation. However, when I try to launch Visual Studio Community 2015, the application says that my 30day license has expired. How do I remove that old 30-day trial license?

Thank you for any assistance...

BEASTKODER

Friday, September 11, 2015 11:13 AM

Answers

• Hi BEASTKODER,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

>>the application says that my 30day license has expired. How do I remove that old 30-day trial license?

We need to sign in visual studio 2015 community so that we could use it permanently. Please go to Help -> Register Product, and then sign in with your account.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 14, 2015 3:22 AM

All replies

• Hi BEASTKODER,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

>>the application says that my 30day license has expired. How do I remove that old 30-day trial license?

We need to sign in visual studio 2015 community so that we could use it permanently. Please go to Help -> Register Product, and then sign in with your account.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 14, 2015 3:22 AM
  • Once the trial has expired, the Help tab is inaccessible. From the window stating the trial has expired, there is the option to "sign in". I've tried doing this with both my Microsoft account as well as my institutional account, and I get the error message "SP324099: Could not complete the operation." Any other suggestions? 
    Thursday, September 24, 2015 2:56 AM
  • I ALSO GET THIS SAME PROBLEM

Problem Logining into Visual Studio Community 2015.
    It is very sad that for the past two days I have been finding it very difficult to login into Visual Studio Community 2015. It keeps saying "Sorry, we ran into problem" and "Could not complete operation". Sometimes the old internet explorer would popup saying:
    This page can’t be displayed
    •Make sure the web address https://login.microsoftonline.com is correct.
    •Look for the page with your search engine.
    •Refresh the page in a few minutes.
    I don't know what else to do. I have a very strong internet connection. Right now, my Visual Studio Community 2015 30 day trial license is about to expire. Please what do I do?
    Someone please help!

The Emperorfin

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 1:50 PM
  • I am no expert on this question, but I would have to guess that the answer in the beginning of this thread was trying to say that you need to log into microsoft.whatever (i.e. hotmail) then open studios.  It sound like it performs the check when it is loading.  I would also guess that community means they want you logged into the server while you are using the product.

Or maybe the server was not accepting request.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:51 AM
  • This doesn't fix the problem as you can see below, I AM logged in. This is SOOOOOO frustrating! And I don't have any time.

• Edited by Obie One Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:29 PM
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:27 PM
  • I think you are missing the point.  The free edition was designed to be free, because of its power and the need for more enterprise level computing.  From what I have read about this problem all you have to do is log in to a microsoft account.  But what is not being said is that at the enterprise level you have programs that use more than one port.  So while the standard port 80 HTTP is being used, the power of community edition requires the use of a server.

Basically, microsoft needs more programmers to create web applications.  web applications require a server and a client to operate.  For you to use community, your computer needs to be set up to handle web requests.  Supposing that you have not done that, then the programs need a place to run.  That place is within the microsoft cloud.  Microsoft needs something to say yeah ok, they got permission.

Check your firewall settings to make sure VS is an allowed program.

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 5:44 AM