none
Visual Studio C# 2019 Preview constantly freezing my computer RRS feed

• Question

• I've been working on a video game for the last several months and the project has recently taken to freezing my computer frequently.  it sometimes freezes for several MINUTES !  and is very annoying.

my anti-virus software tells me my computer is clean but VSC#2019 continues to freeze up on me whenever I am debugging and stepping through my code.

why is this happening?

BadButBit

my code is perfect until i don't find a bug

Monday, July 15, 2019 10:19 PM

Answers

• Hi BadButBit,

Thank you for posting here.

According to your description, please try to follow these steps :

# open Tools -> Options -> Debugging -> General, enable "Use Managed Compatibility Mode", 

# open Tools -> Options -> Debugging -> Symbols, disable the symbol servers

Then check if it could work normally.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 2:15 AM

All replies

• Hi BadButBit,

Thank you for posting here.

According to your description, please try to follow these steps :

# open Tools -> Options -> Debugging -> General, enable "Use Managed Compatibility Mode", 

# open Tools -> Options -> Debugging -> Symbols, disable the symbol servers

Then check if it could work normally.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 2:15 AM
  • hi Dylan, thanks for responding.

I followed these steps and have been stepping through my code for the last ten minutes and no problems so far(good sign).

here's what my options look like :

unfortunately, I'm realizing this means I cannot edit while stepping through my code.  but its better than crashing.

thank you, 

BadButBit

my code is perfect until i don't find a bug

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 6:46 AM