none
WPF ribbon window hosting a WinformsHost containing System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser losing focus. RRS feed

• Question

• The issue seems to happen if I attempt to access an HTML element or sometimes after clicking a ribbon button that is performing processing using a synchronous request. This does not appear to happen when the control is in the main window but in child windows of the main application.

Example: jQuery grid with re-sizable columns: If you attempt to re-size the columns without explicitly clicking in the blank body of an HTML document in the web browser. The outer ribbon window containing the web browser control will drop behind all open windows.

I know that the Interop. between WPF and WinForms controls is less than stellar but was wondering if anyone has seen or dealt with this before.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:03 PM

All replies

• Hi captainhowdy5796,

Could you please provide a demo as well as the steps for us to reproduce this issue? You can upload this demo on SkyDrive.

Thanks,

Lisa Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 15, 2013 7:31 AM
  • I will try to put something together unfortunately I cannot share the original code.

Thanks.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:40 PM
  • Link to solution zip file. Note I used a third party's website with a grid control that upon re-sizing columns can consistently recreate the issue on my machine. This happens at other times as well and does not necessarily need an interaction with the webpage to trigger this as I stated.

1. Run Application
    2. Click button
    3. Let new window open and complete loading
    4. Hover mouse over grid columns and attempt to re-size.

Note: If you click on the page before attempting re-size the the window will not fall behind.

Thanks for your help.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=28D74453EF44FD64!302&authkey=!AOBEijjRKJVw3cM

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:27 PM