TFS Dashboard - View changed once i change value in WI field

Question

• For some reason when I made some changes in my query (changed value in one of the field in work item) AND in the items , the 

defect growth chart just stopped to generate the past view I had: Below is the view

After the changes below is the new view:

Raj

Monday, November 13, 2017 12:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Raj,

Which version of TFS are you using?

Have you changed the rolling period?

If you create a new dashboard for this query, what result would you see?

Best regards,

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:49 AM
  • Hi Team,

Thanks for your reply.

It's TFS 2015.3

Nope.. Even i try with same rolling period i m seeing second picture (Screenshot).

Thanks,

Raj

Raj

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 10:01 AM
  • Hi Raj,

The chart is based on the result of your query.  You said "you 
    made some changes in query (changed value in one of the field in work item) AND in the items  "

Since the query
    changed, the result of the work item may also changed. If so, this should cause the display of chart changed.

Suggest you double check the query result between the one you changed and the original  to see how many result changed. 

You could also change the query back to see if the 
    chart generated correctly.  

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Saturday, November 25, 2017 2:11 AM