none
Cant publish using "precompiled" option..."Obi Wan, you are our last hope..."

Question

• "Obi Wan, you are our last hope..."

Hello everyone!
    So, we publish using post-compiled "option". Now, due to some new requirements, we need to change that to pre-compiled. Turns out that the option of pre-compiled is giving some headache since it keeps saying:
    The file '/Samples/whatever.cs' does not exist.
    But... BUT the file is there. I already searched the web up and down and, so far, nothing... sadly.

Any help will be most welcome!

Kind regards!

Leo

Forgot:
    That happens when we are trying to publish to the destination folder. When we publish without the "precompile" option, it turns out ok; but when the precompile option is checked, we get the previous error.

Friday, March 17, 2017 12:45 PM

All replies

• Hi 75Leo,

Where did you set precompile option? Could you provide some steps how you build your solution?

Did you use vNext Build? Could you please provide log here?

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 20, 2017 10:25 AM
  • Hi, Jingzhu Yan
    Thanks for your reply.
    We are using a WAP solution. So i right click on the solution that i want to publish, choose publish option, a model dialog will appear with several options:
    >Profile
    >Connection
    >Settings            FilePublishOptions     CheckBox Precompile during publishing
    >Preview

When i choose to publish the solution builds as expected but doesnt publish as it was suppose due to some "missing" file that isnt missing after all.

Do you need any extra info?

Kind regards and thanks for your time,

Leo.
    • Edited by 75Leo Monday, March 20, 2017 6:44 PM
    Monday, March 20, 2017 6:38 PM
  • More info about that error...
    I also get, on another dialog, the following error:

error aspparse the file does not exist

Monday, March 20, 2017 7:48 PM
  • Hi 75Leo,

As you publish your WAP solution using visual studio, the "missing" file issue is not related to TFS. Please post a new thread to IIS.Net Forums : https://forums.iis.net/

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:57 AM
  • Thanks...
    I will...

Regards

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 11:40 AM