none
dll's in exe RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there
    I just made a MFC application using VS2005 which I wana share with friends.
    How can i distribute my aplication without providing the dll's that it's uses.
    I also use a xml file. How can I have all the dll and xml file in same exe?

I'm not asking about making a setup instalation kit, all I need is a one exe file.
    Saturday, December 22, 2007 10:02 AM

Answers

•  albanu wrote:
    Hi there

I'm not asking about making a setup instalation kit, all I need is a one exe file.

Try to:

1. Set "Alt+F7 -> Configuration Properties -> General -> Use of MFC" to "Use MFC in a Static Library"

2. Set "Alt+F7 -> Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> Code Generation -> Runtime Library" to "Multi-threaded Debug (/MTd)" for debug mode, and "Multi-threaded (/MT)" for release mode.

3. Put the XML file as a resource of your executable, read this resource, create a .xml file and write the content in when your application is running. (Or simply store the XML file content to a string variable)

Note that above suggestions are only for share applications with friends, it is not recommended to link statically to vc++ libraries.

hope it makes sense

rico

Friday, December 28, 2007 4:06 AM

All replies

•  

Hi~

you can't replace dll file and xml file in exe file.

I think, It's really non-sense.

Good Luck~

Saturday, December 22, 2007 2:35 PM
  • Hello there is no problem . What you can do instead of giving dll code to your friend simply send him your dll file and invoke your dll from your Exe .That's all you have to do.And if you want Simply write a code to create a XML file inside your dll . and from your exe invoke this Dll function so it automatically generate your xml file .and you didn't have to give individual file to your frind

Thanx
    Saturday, December 22, 2007 5:46 PM
  •  albanu wrote:
    Hi there

Try to:

1. Set "Alt+F7 -> Configuration Properties -> General -> Use of MFC" to "Use MFC in a Static Library"

2. Set "Alt+F7 -> Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> Code Generation -> Runtime Library" to "Multi-threaded Debug (/MTd)" for debug mode, and "Multi-threaded (/MT)" for release mode.

3. Put the XML file as a resource of your executable, read this resource, create a .xml file and write the content in when your application is running. (Or simply store the XML file content to a string variable)

Note that above suggestions are only for share applications with friends, it is not recommended to link statically to vc++ libraries.

hope it makes sense

rico

Friday, December 28, 2007 4:06 AM
  • Sorry for my unknown.

Friday, December 28, 2007 5:55 AM
  •  scor7910 wrote:

Sorry for my unknown.

Oh, you don't need to say that. Remind me really nice wisdom in someone's (Sorry that I don't remember, mention yourself if you see this post) signature: "Good experience comes from practice, best practice comes from worst experience." (maybe not exactly the same sentence Smile ).

merry christmas & happy new year

rico

Friday, December 28, 2007 7:21 AM