[UWP]Windows.Media.SpeechSynthesis RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone

I am creating a UWP app for the store. Its a talking head. When I get to the Speech Synthesis part I can't seem to find any viseme events in any namespace. Googling for uwp and viseme returns 0 results.

How do you get viseme information in a UWP app?

thanks

Monday, March 27, 2017 5:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi hypodyne1,

This forum discusses and asks questions about .NET Framework Base Classes, Since your issue is more related to UWP, we'll move the thread to UWP forum for suitable support.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 27, 2017 8:03 AM
  • I looked for a UWP forum but did not find it.

thanks.

Monday, March 27, 2017 10:26 PM
  • Hello hypodyne1,

The viseme event you mentioned is a .NET API based on MSDN document:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.speech.synthesis.visemereachedeventargs.viseme(v=vs.110).aspx

When you see it's version info you can see it is not listed as UWP supported.

The UWP supported API is this API: Windows.Media.SpeechSynthesis

Which currently does not have viseme related info. For this feature please submit your feature request on here:

https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-universal-windows-platform

I've searched and also haven't saw this kind of feature request.

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by hypodyne1 Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:33 PM
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 6:38 AM
  • Hi Barry

I have added a feature request for the viseme events.

Thanks

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:32 PM