none
Microsoft Word to PDF Conversion RRS feed

• Question

• I need to convert a batch of Microsoft Word documents to pdf format on a daily basic. I am writing a program in Visual Basic and I need to add Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word under Reference. I have the latest version of Microsoft Office on my PC but can't find this under Assemblies. I downloaded the Primary Interop Assemblies Redistributable PIARedist.exe from Microsoft and executed it and then the o2010pia.msi as discribed in https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=3508. But I still can't find the Interop dlls. Further reading suggested I should install it using GAC. But this looks for a .dll file. I am sure all .dll files are inside o2010pia.msi but I am not sure how to get them. Appreciate any help in getting the interop.word to be installed in Visual Studio or any help on converting word to pdf without using third party solutions. Thanks
    Saturday, December 31, 2016 1:23 PM

Answers

•  Did you look in the COM tab of the Add Reference dialog window for the Microsoft Word XX.X Object Library reference?  The XX.X indicates the version number.  It seems like it would be there if you have a full version of MS Office installed properly.

I installed an older version of the PIA`s on my computer about a year ago and can`t remember if it asked me for a destination to extract the dlls to but,  they are in my Documents folder.  I have to use the Browse option in the Add Reference dialog window and browse to the folder that is in my Documents folder. Then i can select one of the many dll`s.  The dll i have to add reference to for Word is named "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.dll".   However,  being you have a newer version,  it may not be the same as mine.

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

• Marked as answer by RNDN Saturday, December 31, 2016 2:24 PM
    Saturday, December 31, 2016 2:17 PM

All replies

•  Did you look in the COM tab of the Add Reference dialog window for the Microsoft Word XX.X Object Library reference?  The XX.X indicates the version number.  It seems like it would be there if you have a full version of MS Office installed properly.

I installed an older version of the PIA`s on my computer about a year ago and can`t remember if it asked me for a destination to extract the dlls to but,  they are in my Documents folder.  I have to use the Browse option in the Add Reference dialog window and browse to the folder that is in my Documents folder. Then i can select one of the many dll`s.  The dll i have to add reference to for Word is named "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.dll".   However,  being you have a newer version,  it may not be the same as mine.

• Marked as answer by RNDN Saturday, December 31, 2016 2:24 PM
    Saturday, December 31, 2016 2:17 PM

Many thanks. That solved the problem. Microsoft Word 16.0 Object Library version 8.7 was there and I have added it. Thanks again for your help.
    Saturday, December 31, 2016 2:24 PM