none
How do I create a Installer file for my application zip it and send it to a user? RRS feed

• Question

• I need help with this one since I have never done it. I have completed making some changes to a windows application in development environment. Now I need to send this application to a user so that she can install it on her computer and run it.

I need to zip it as that is how it was done in the past. She has this application on her computer where she runs it. The person to created this app no longer work here. She showed me a zip file that he sent her last time.

All she had to do was unzip the files into her computer and then click on setup.exe.

The zip file named MyAppInstaller.zip that was sent has 6 files. I have made up the application name. Here are 6 files. MyApp.application Type Application Manifest, MyApp.exe.config.deploy Type DEPLOY File, MyApp.exe.deploy Type DEPLOY File, MyApp.exe.manifest Type MANIFEST File, Newtonsoft.Json.dll.deploy Type DEPLOY File, System.Net.Http.Formatting.dll.deploy Type DEPLOY File

How do I create setup.exe including other needed files so she can unzip it and run setup.exe? The application is in C#

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 5:24 PM

All replies