WPF Chart Control

• Hi,

I'm trying to locate the WPF chart control that Microsoft treated as an intern project a while back:

The reason that I’m interested is that I’m in the process of taking a Windows Forms graph control (think of a line graph versus a bar chart) and converting it to be a WPF one … and would be very interested in taking a look at what those two interns had done … to try and determine best practices and the right approach for our new WPF graph control.

I contacted Kevin Moore and he thought that this component was getting pretty close to being released to the public.

Anyone know the current status of it?

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 6:48 PM

All replies

• Download the toolkit its a chartcontrol in there.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 2:14 PM
  • Hi there.

There are many WPF chart controls out there, some are free, some you have to pay a little for. so dont feel the need to use only microsoft controls.

try these out, theres bound to be a nice one here

devtoolcafe Chart controls for .Net WPF

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:20 AM
  • I have VS2010 and I also downloaded the toolkit. But I don't see the chart control in the toolbox in VS. I also included a reference for System.Windows.Controls.DataVisualization.Toolkit. What am I missing?
    Monday, August 30, 2010 3:40 PM
  • I cannot see the chart control in my toolbox. Any idea where it is and any available samples would be appreciated.
    John F Lundy
    Friday, February 25, 2011 4:43 AM
  • Fould them, you can add them to the toolbox.

Toolbox > right click > Choose Items

John F Lundy
    • Proposed as answer by John F Lundy Monday, February 28, 2011 10:36 AM
    Monday, February 28, 2011 10:36 AM