BlueScreen Error RRS feed

• Question

• Good Day,

Here is my PC specs:

Dell Precision Tower 3431
    Intel Core i9-9900
    32 GB RAM
    500 GB NVMe

For a week or 2, I've been getting the BlueScreen for MUP_FILE_SYSTEM every time I would debug an application I'm writing. My team and I have tried disabling some BIOS settings (Intel SpeedStep, Turbo Boost, C1, etc), re-installing the OS, to no avail. Another developer on the team also has the same PC and has the same issue. Is there a Windows or a driver update that's causing it?

Please note, it also happens when I launch the exe file outside of Visual Studio. It happens with other apps I've previously developed.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

• Edited by zlinge01 Tuesday, October 29, 2019 2:21 PM
    Tuesday, October 29, 2019 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please refer to this article: Fix MUP_FILE_SYSTEM Blue Screen Error on Windows

If this does not work, provide what you did and its result.

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 11:49 PM
  • Hi zlinge01,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

After checking your description, I think your issue is more related to Windows system error.

Since our forum is discussing about usage of tools and editors in Visual Studio, I suggest you could redirect to Stack Overflow tagged windows and start a new thread with tag windows to seek for a more professional help.

In addition, Ashidacchi has shared us with a link to troubleshoot your issue, you could refer to it.

BTW, there are some other approaches that you could refer to.

#1. Run the Blue Screen Troubleshooter.

• Tap the Win+I keys to open the Settings panel.
    • Then go to Update&Security > Troubleshoot.
    • Look for the option called “Blue Screen” on your right-hand side and then click the “Run the troubleshooter” button to run the Blue Screen Troubleshooter and then follow the next on-screen options.

Note that you might have to boot your PC into Safe Mode.

#2. Perform a System Restore(if possible)

• If you have booted your PC into Safe Mode, refer to the steps below.
    • Tap the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • After that, type in “sysdm.cpl” in the field and tap Enter.
    • Go to the System Protection tab then click the System Restore button. Select your preferred System Restore point.
    • Follow the on-screen instrutions to finish the process and then restart your computer and check if the issue is fixed or not.

Hope all above could help you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 6:24 AM
  • Hi zling01,

Sorry for bothering you.

After my research, this issue might be caused by DELL service, please refer this thread. Though it is about runnning visual studio installer, it is also a possible workaround which you could try. Below are detail:

Step 1: Create a Windows system restore point.

Step 2: From the command prompt with administrative rights or elevated privileges, execute the following command: net stop winmgmt

Step 3: Open a Windows Explorer and locate the path to C:\windows\system32\WBEM\ folder and rename the Repository folder to something else like RepositoryOLD (right click and choose 'Rename Folder').

Step 4: restart the computer

Step 5: From the command prompt with administrative rights or elevated privileges, execute the following command: "net stop winmgmt"

C:\>net stop winmgmt

The Windows Management Instrumentation service is stopping.
    The Windows Management Instrumentation service could not be stopped. 

Step 6: From the command prompt with administrative rights or elevated privileges, execute the following command: "winmgmt /resetRepository"

C:\>winmgmt /resetRepository
    WMI repository has been reset

Step 7: restart the computer.

Hope it could help you, and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, October 31, 2019 9:18 AM