none
Findall function only displays totals, no detail RRS feed

• Question

• I am running MS VS 2015 Enterprise 14.0.25420.01 Update 5 on Windows 10. When I use the 'Find in files' and choose 'find all' I am getting the summary but no detail. This was working previously on the same version of VS in Windows 7 (recently got a new laptop with Windows 10). What do I need to do to get this working?

Thanks.

Monday, November 28, 2016 9:28 PM

All replies

• Hi J-Bal,

The latest update for Visual Studio 2015 should Update 3. And the latest Visual Studio 2015 with Update 3 version should be 14.0.25431.01.

So please open Tools -> Extensions and Updates -> Updates to check whether there has any KB updates for Visual Studio 2015. Please install the KB updates for your Visual Studio 2015 to make sure it is in latest version.

>> This was working previously on the same version of VS in Windows 7 (recently got a new laptop with Windows 10).

Please run your Visual Studio 2015 in safe mode to check whether this issue caused by any third part VS packages.

And please check whether there has any third part programs running when Visual Studio running. Please close all third part programs when running Visual Studio, make sure this issue is not caused by third part programs.

In addition, please try repair your Visual Studio to check whether this issue caused by Visual Studio installation or not.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Weiwei Cai Friday, December 2, 2016 9:50 AM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2016 7:07 AM