none
ALINK: Error AL1047. Error Importing File RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I am trying to get a build to work, but am having some issues.  Using Visual Studios 2012 with V6.0A AL.exe and v3.5 framework, I keep getting this error:

ALINK : error AL1047: Error importing file
    'c:\Windows\System32\obj\debug\AICS.ARCHITECTURE.RESOURCES.dll' -- The system
    cannot find the path specified.

Not entirely sure why, as this .dll file is present in the proper folder.  What could be causing this?  If any additional information is needed I can provide it.

Monday, November 11, 2019 3:47 PM

All replies

• Hi mdm717,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

What is your project type? What is the role of AL.EXE in your project? Did you create the project and run into this problem or did you make some changes that caused this problem?

As far as l know, Al1047 error usually means that the module file cannot be opened for some reason. So please check whether AICS.ARCHITECTURE.RESOURCES.dll has any limit access constraints.

One possibility is that VS does not have enough access to the resources in the system disk. So try opening VS2012 as administrator and then rebuild your project multiple times to check if the problem still exists.

Besides, try to register AICS.ARCHITECTURE.RESOURCES.dll to the GAC (Global Assembly Cache) so that VS can automatically identify the DLL to rule out whether it is an unrecognizable issue with vs.  

>>You can also refer to this article.

If all does not work, you can upload the detailed output log to OneDrive and then share the link with us to troubleshoot your issue quickly.

> >(Tools-->Options-->Projects and Solutions-->Build and Run-->set MSBuild project build output verbosity to Detailed)

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 7:43 AM
  • Hi mdm717,

According to your description, please have a try to run your VS2012 as administrator. 

In addition, you could also open cmd as administrator and register the dll manually, then check if it could work.

regsvr32 /i <dll_name>

Look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 7:59 AM