none
TF30063: You are not authorized to access Microsoft-IIS/6.0.

Question

• I receive the above error when doing a Get Latest (recursive) from the Source Control Explorer.  It occurs when I'm on a remote client (with a fairly high latency) to both a Single Server install in domain or workgroup mode.  If I acknowledge the error and continue to do Get Latest Recursive I do indeed get all files, but I may have to do it multiple times to complete, it seems the more files that're updated in source control, the more often I encounter the error.  Any ideas?
    Saturday, October 01, 2005 7:28 PM

Answers

• Well, this is a long shot, but you could uncomment the diagnostics section in tf.exe.config and use the command line to do the get.  A log file will be created at the local path in specified in the .config file (c:\hatteras-dev.log, I believe).

Try running get with logging turned on to capture at least the client-side activity when that error occurs.  Then email me the log, via the Contact link on my blog.

Buck
    Saturday, October 08, 2005 2:16 AM

All replies

• I've seen that error before but I don't recall the cause.  I'll pass it on to a few people and see if they have ideas.
    Sunday, October 02, 2005 12:00 AM
  • The problem has to do with the code that handles downloads.  In the past, we've seen the problem when one of the configuration files on the AT was corrupt.  The file was proxyStatistics.xml, if I remember correctly.  The bug was that an exception would be thrown on AT, and it got converted to an HTTP 401 error, resulting in the client displaying the message you report.  The fix was to delete that file.  I thought that bug had been addressed for beta 3, though.

Do you seen any event log errors on the AT when those download errors occur?

Buck

Sunday, October 02, 2005 2:37 AM
  • Ok, so I had a teammate add five new files to source control, I then proceeded to do a Get Latest Recursive:

D:\Development\TeamSystem\BlahFramework\Data\DummyData.cs: TF30063: You are not authorized to access Microsoft-IIS/6.0.
    D:\Development\TeamSystem\Blah\Framework\Gateway\DummyGateway.cs: TF30063: You are not authorized to access Microsoft-IIS/6.0.
    D:\Development\TeamSystem\Blah\Framework\Model\DummyModel.cs: TF30063: You are not authorized to access Microsoft-IIS/6.0.
    D:\Development\TeamSystem\Blah\Framework\Model\AnotherDummyModel.cs: TF30063: You are not authorized to access Microsoft-IIS/6.0.
    D:\Development\TeamSystem\Blah\Framework\Service\DummyService.cs: TF30063: You are not authorized to access Microsoft-IIS/6.0.

Apparently, it got none, I then did another Get Latest Recursive:

D:\Development\TeamSystem\Blah\Framework\Gateway\DummyGateway.cs: TF30063: You are not authorized to access Microsoft-IIS/6.0.
    D:\Development\TeamSystem\Blah\Framework\Model\DummyModel.cs: TF30063: You are not authorized to access Microsoft-IIS/6.0.
    D:\Development\TeamSystem\Blah\Framework\Service\DummyService.cs: TF30063: You are not authorized to access Microsoft-IIS/6.0.

It got 2 of them, so I did another:

It got 2 more, so I did another and I had them all...

This does not occur when I'm on the local network, however, on my (very) high latency remote connection this does occur.  I cleared the event log before performing the operation(s) and no entries were added.

And again, this happens against two seperate TFS installations, both are Single Server installs, one using DA, the other workgroups.
    Sunday, October 02, 2005 4:51 AM
  • Do you seen any event log errors on the AT when those download errors occur?  Please post those, as that will give us the best shot at tracking this down.

Buck
    Monday, October 03, 2005 2:38 PM
  • "I cleared the event log before performing the operation(s) and no entries were added."

On the AT.
    Monday, October 03, 2005 4:11 PM
  • Well, this is a long shot, but you could uncomment the diagnostics section in tf.exe.config and use the command line to do the get.  A log file will be created at the local path in specified in the .config file (c:\hatteras-dev.log, I believe).

Try running get with logging turned on to capture at least the client-side activity when that error occurs.  Then email me the log, via the Contact link on my blog.

Buck
    Saturday, October 08, 2005 2:16 AM
  • I get this on the same source file every time for all developers accessing TFS. Any ideas why this would happen?
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 7:45 AM
  • I was receiving the same error. Turns out Selenium-RC (a testing tool we were using) changed a setting in Internet Explorer when we installed it. To resolve the issue, open up Internet Explorer, go to "Internet Options"... "Connections" tab... "LAN Settings" button, uncheck "Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connection)."

Hope that helps!
    • Proposed as answer by Bruno Wouters Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:11 PM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:03 PM
  • I was receiving the same error. Turns out Selenium-RC (a testing tool we were using) changed a setting in Internet Explorer when we installed it. To resolve the issue, open up Internet Explorer, go to "Internet Options"... "Connections" tab... "LAN Settings" button, uncheck "Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connection)."

Hope that helps!

This solved my problem. Be sure to restart visual studio otherwise it will keep failing even after you change the proxy setting.

Thanks johnjon!

Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:13 PM