none
Installing WCF service need permission ???

Question

• to register a WCF using wsDualHttpBinding   do we need administrative permission ? cant i call the serviceHost.Open() method if i dont have required permission ? 
    Thursday, October 07, 2010 6:13 AM

Answers

• You need admin rights to have WCF service hosted over any HTTP-based binding. This is because: when the service is about to be started up, WCF tries to register your HTTP port, and you need admin rights for that.

If you try to run the service without being in admin mode, you will get an AddressAccessDeniedException at your serviceHost.Open().

If the post is helpful, please don't forget to "vote as helpful" or "propose as answer". Thank you.
    • Marked as answer by bbpp Thursday, October 07, 2010 10:35 PM
    Thursday, October 07, 2010 8:34 AM

All replies

• You need admin rights to have WCF service hosted over any HTTP-based binding. This is because: when the service is about to be started up, WCF tries to register your HTTP port, and you need admin rights for that.

If you try to run the service without being in admin mode, you will get an AddressAccessDeniedException at your serviceHost.Open().

If the post is helpful, please don't forget to "vote as helpful" or "propose as answer". Thank you.
    • Marked as answer by bbpp Thursday, October 07, 2010 10:35 PM
    Thursday, October 07, 2010 8:34 AM
  • Thanks a lot.

This helped me to identify my problem .

Thursday, October 07, 2010 10:35 PM