none
Keys not responsive RRS feed

• Question

• Why is it that in my visual studio, some keys do not function or do some action other than the one meant to. 

For instance, [ctrl+s] does not work at all, the arrow keys work like the [alt] key.

had it been the same across all my device then i'd be at ease knowing that it is a HW issue but this only happens in Visual Studio.

Am currently using Visual Studio Enterprise 16.2.1

Any advise on this.

NB: i have to restart the machine a multiple times for it to work correctly.

• Edited by john tuza Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:52 AM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi john,

According to your description, what did you do before you encountered this problem? Did you change any shortcuts keys?

Please follow these steps to :

1. restore your shortcut settings to default

Open the VS-->Tools--->Options-->Environment-->Keyboard-->Reset

2. You can also Tools-->Import and Export settings--->Reset All Settings to restore the whole VS IDE.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:10 AM
  • Thank you @Perry,

But as i am one person who only customizes when necessary. rarely do i change my settings.

I like the default ones.

However this did not stop me from trying your solution. I'll patiently wait for some time to see if such behavior occurs again as for now it is working good.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 6:15 AM
  • Hi John,

Since your problem has not yet appeared, if there are any questions afterwards, please feel free to let us know. We are willing to help you further.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:38 AM