none
Since Visual C++ 2013: D8050 error appears when executing "cl.exe". RRS feed

• Question

• Since Visual C++ 2013 the compiler didn't work when startet from our Antmake Build Environment. This error appears:

"cl : Command line error D8050 : cannot execute 'D:\...": failed to get command line into debug records"

I can't find any information regarding the "D8050" error. What did D8050 mean?

Friday, February 7, 2014 3:02 PM

All replies

• Its saying "cannot execute". Is the environment setup for cl.exe to execute? You should see something similar being done when executing Visual Studio command line.

Blog: http://ntcoder.com/bab

Posts are provided as is without warranties or guaranties.

Friday, February 7, 2014 3:40 PM
  • The environment should be ok. Because, if i execute the Antmake Build Environment in "cmd.exe" started with administrator privileges. The error didn't appear.
    Friday, February 7, 2014 4:11 PM
  • Hi,

Has the problem been solved? If yes, could you please share it with us? It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

I'm sorry that I can not find specified document about Command line error D8050. This error is not listed in that page about "Command-Line Errors D8000 Through D9999". However, according to your description, if you execute the Antmake Build Environment in "cmd.exe" started with administrator privileges, it will work fine. I think the error appear because it cannot execute (from the hint of the error). So after you run with administrator, it works ok.

Meanwhile, I suggest you post this issue in connect.

Best regards,

Sunny 

• Marked as answer by Anna Cc Thursday, February 20, 2014 3:33 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by nobugzModerator Friday, October 24, 2014 12:30 PM
    Friday, February 14, 2014 3:02 AM