none
VB.Net application stopped working on XP, but works fine on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have VB.Net application that has worked fine for years on XP and Windows 7.  For some reason the last update I put out does not run even the simplest VB commands.  Simple   Environ() fails.  I have tried putting simple VB commands onto a MsgBox on the start of the app and everything raises an error.  I have no idea what is going on!   The exact same app runs fine on Windows 7 clients.   All the XP machines including a fresh XP virtual machine with the .Net 3.5 framework even gives the errors.  No VB commands are working.  I thought maybe something happened to my vbproj files, so I copied an older one from a couple weeks ago when things worked fine and it still does not work.   Does anyone have any ideas what in the world is preventing newly compiled VB.Net apps from compiling.   I did notice that Microsoft pushed several KB updates onto my machine even though I did not give it permission and it did it anyway.   I am wondering if some update corrupted my development environment.
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:17 PM

All replies

• What is the error message?
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:14 PM
  • Hi,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side.  Would you mind letting us know how is the problem now? 

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know.   I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 1:22 AM