How do I create a .NET component as a DLL and distribute it? RRS feed

• Question

• How do I create a .NET component as a DLL and distribute it?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, April 10, 2009 3:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• A .NET component is a special type of executable built from a .NET project. It provides a programmable interface that is accessed by consumer applications (often called client applications). Take the following steps to create a .NET component.

1)    Create a new Class Library project.

2)    To expose your features, add public classes with public properties and methods.

3)    Compile the class library project as the DLL by clicking Build.

After compilation, the application referencing this component can utilize the services provided by the component. Please refer to the following article for a detailed description about creating a .NET component:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms973807.aspx

Related thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/Vsexpressvb/thread/dd8db77e-e82c-47da-af6b-1b60dff3037a/

For more FAQ about Visual Basic .NET General, please see Visual Basic .NET General FAQ

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.

Friday, April 10, 2009 3:47 AM
  • what is point of asking question and answer it, if know the answer dont bother to post it as question, do it as discussion. You want a shortcut to get points.
    kaymaf
    I hope this helps, if that is what you want, just mark it as answer so that we can move on
    Friday, April 10, 2009 3:59 AM
  • If you have been following his posts he is creating a FAQ of sorts for a sticky I assume .
    Coding for fun Be a good forum member mark posts that contain the answers to your questions or those that are helpful
    Friday, April 10, 2009 5:27 AM