How do I register MS Visual Studio 2013 Express for desktop? RRS feed

• Question

• I have downloaded Visual studio 2013 Express edition and I don't seem to be able to Register It... I have tried but I can find the "Register Now" link anywhere.

How do I register it?

Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:29 AM

Answers

• To extend the trial license, you just need to sign in with your Microsoft account. In the upper right hand corner of the IDE, in the toolbar, you'll see a dropdown that you can use to sign in with.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Thursday, September 19, 2013 7:11 PM

All replies

• Just a guess, but is there a Register Product item in the Help menu?
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:45 PM
  • To extend the trial license, you just need to sign in with your Microsoft account. In the upper right hand corner of the IDE, in the toolbar, you'll see a dropdown that you can use to sign in with.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Thursday, September 19, 2013 7:11 PM
  • I have a problem signing in

I got the following error so I'm not able to register the product

Impossibile trovare il metodo 'Void Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonDictionaryContract.set_PropertyNameResolver(System.Func`2<System.String,System.String>)'.

Could you pelase help me?

Thanks

Friday, December 20, 2013 8:01 PM
  • Hi

I'm trying to register my copy, but I can't because of firewall restrictions.  Is there a way to register my product offline?

Thanks

Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:12 AM
  • Hi,

Me too, when I try to register with either my MS account I get:

Visual Studio

Sorry, we ran into a problem

(yellow triangle with !) Found

See our current service status

...which takes me to a seemingly unrelated web page with this text:

Visual Studio Online Status...

PLEASE ADVISE.  I just want to use VS Express 2013 for Desktop & Windows indefinitely for free without any 'team' services

• Edited by maxuint32 Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:18 AM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:17 AM
  • I am having the same problem as maxunit32.  Microsoft have been unhelpful.  Have you found a solution?
    Monday, February 3, 2014 8:23 PM
  • Hi

I'm trying to register my copy, but I can't because of firewall restrictions.  Is there a way to register my product offline?

Thanks

I'm in the same boat. While we're licensed for the non-Express versions, in our environment (A school), we prefer the Express editions because they remove most of the fancy tools which tend to bewilder students.

2010 was fine because we could "pre activate" it so to speak so it wasn't a drama, but I'm considering upgrading to 2013 (For desktop) at our site, and it appears as though we're not going to be able to.

Forcing every student to log in with a Microsoft account to get it working isn't practical, plus it doesn't work behind an authenticating proxy anyway, so we're stuffed.

I also await a useful solution if one exists.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 2:10 AM
  • Hi, just in case someone still looking for a solution with this and it will come handy for someone who runs into same issue; I have experienced exact problems above but after i just tried this: FILE -> Account settings and it did worked as expected
    Monday, June 2, 2014 11:56 PM