none
Launching Visual Studio RRS feed

• Question

• I have downloaded Visual Studio Community edition to a Windows 8 computer. The installation appears to gone smoothly, but I see no indication of Visual Studio on the desktop. How do I launch it?
    Wednesday, June 24, 2015 10:13 PM

Answers

• If ioTGirl's answer doesn't work for you (it should), you can locate the Visual Studio IDE launch program file (devenv.exe) and start VS from that.

devenv.exe is typically found here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE

Once you locate devenv.exe, you can right-click on it and select Pin to Start or Pin To Taskbar to create convenient shortcuts.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 12:57 AM
  • Hi Skip,

Go to your start screen and in the search box at the top right corner (has an icon like a magnifying glass) start typing "Visual" and it should appear in a list below the search box.

You should be able to launch it from that list directly.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 11:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Skip,

Go to your start screen and in the search box at the top right corner (has an icon like a magnifying glass) start typing "Visual" and it should appear in a list below the search box.

You should be able to launch it from that list directly.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 11:50 PM
  • If ioTGirl's answer doesn't work for you (it should), you can locate the Visual Studio IDE launch program file (devenv.exe) and start VS from that.

devenv.exe is typically found here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE

Once you locate devenv.exe, you can right-click on it and select Pin to Start or Pin To Taskbar to create convenient shortcuts.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 12:57 AM
  • I found devenv.exe and pinned it to the taskbar.

Thank you for the help.

Skip

Thursday, June 25, 2015 6:28 AM