none
.NET 4.6.2 Targeting Pack RRS feed

• Question

• I have found information on the Dev Pack at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3151934/microsoft-.net-framework-4.6.2-developer-pack-and-language-packs. However, there are two concerns I have with applying this to my build server.

1. The installer is based off of an online installer model. For those of us requiring control over the version being installed, an offline (entirely self-contained) installer is required. Otherwise, there is no control that we have over the precise version being installed, as the installer can be, and often is, updated over time. This can lead to changes in our build environment and, therefore, our build output when implementing new servers due to disaster recovery or horizontal expansion.

2. There is no documented way to isolate the targeting pack from the other components. In the past, a targeting pack was offered independent of the SDK and other components that just consume space on the server.

Can anyone help in obtaining an offline Targeting Pack installer for .NET 4.6.2?

James Bristow, Software Configuration Manager

Saturday, May 6, 2017 6:18 PM

All replies