none
Publish XBAP applications from msbuild? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to publish my XBAP  application from inside my msbuild script?

We have an integration server that is setup just like our production server.  I have scripts that deploy all of our other projects, but I can't get msbuild to publish the xbap applications the way VisualStudio does.  

Is there a way to automate the publication of xbap apps as part of my build process? 
    EAI Architect
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 8:03 PM

Answers

All replies

•  Still looking for a solution to this.  I've tried to set the Configuration to "Publish" or "Release" and it didnt seem to work. 

Is there no way to automate the process of publishing XBAP applications?
    EAI Architect
    Wednesday, November 19, 2008 5:01 PM

• Hi Jake,

You can try to publish your application use the /target Command line option. Like the following command.

msbuild projectfile.proj /target:publish

Another approach would be the you can copy all files from the build folder to a web server using the copy task. (Minimally, that's app.xbap, app.exe.manifest, and app.exe.)

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpf/thread/afe69e03-86ed-4978-abea-67e93cc77677/

Thanks,
    Rong-Chun Zhang

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't.
    Monday, November 24, 2008 7:53 AM
  • I am not sure I am posting it in the right place, this is about Visual Studio 2012. It looks like another ridiculously complicated task without documentation. I am trying to make unattended build of workable xbap project. The result must be possible to manually copy to the web server later.

The answer to original question doesn't work:

Firstly, msbuild doesn't even try to deploy, no matter the parameters or the publish profile script. I still think I am missing something there. It builds everything fine though.

Secondly, copying files from bin\release to web server does not work for signed project. If I click "Publish now", it does work, but I need a way to automate that for a build server.

Sunday, January 19, 2014 10:20 PM