none
best obfuscator RRS feed

• Question

• What is the best obfuscator out there? each one of them claims to be better than the others. So which one to choose from?
    Monday, September 18, 2006 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hi

I use Eziriz's .Net Reactor. Of course as you said they all claim that they're the best, but beside it's power and simplicity of use, Reactor is really cheap (Only about 160$) so it's not a big risk to test it; although I would advise you to use it for everything of it, not only the price. You can download the trial here: http://www.eziriz.com

HTH

cheers, farshad

Monday, September 18, 2006 3:27 PM
  • did anybody used CodeVeil before? I heard it's has lots of features in obfuscation.
    Monday, September 18, 2006 4:08 PM
  • Don't exist options in VS2005 to encrypt with public/private key? Or any other option to protect the work?

Regards.
    Monday, September 18, 2006 4:35 PM
  • Hi Farshad,
    The price is not a problem in our organization. We want something reliable and robust.
    Monday, September 18, 2006 6:11 PM
  • Hi

As I mentioned, I don't advise .Net Reactor for it's price, but for it's power; I'm really satisfied with it. Another solution that I think should be a reliable one, is Xenocode; you can take a look on it, since I've only tested it's trial (the trial is fully functional) and have no idea on all of it's power.

HTH

cheers, farshad

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 8:42 AM
  • One thing i noticed is that lost of obfuscator out there are more or less like "project product". They have a limited or sometimes none existent sale and support systems. The only one which looks commercially descent is dotfuscator (prob the reason why it is more pricey). So what is your take on Dotfuscator?
    Tuesday, September 19, 2006 9:35 PM
  • please dont mind, Eziriz is just a crap. You loose all benifites of .Net and at runtime our application will consume 10-15 MB more memory than the original exe. You can use Reflection.

I tried and it and never used it again.

Xenocode is good but try {smartassembly} is best in my opinion, price, performance, facilities The Best.

Have {smartassembly} professional version with 1 year Subcription to Error Reporting Webservice, which sends compleet stack trace a very usefull way. I'm not from that company :P lol I'm just a client but I loved the product.

Standards Edtion of the same price as of Xenocode but I'll recomend Professianal version with Error Reporting sysetem becuase client cant never tell you the exact situation from error arosen.

Some Comparison I did:

1) Assembly Processed with {smartassembly} is less in size than one processed with Xenocode.

2) Xenocode Preserves Namespace names which can never be Obfuscated and You give a hint to cracker that I have code related to security in Rizwansharp.Security namespace. while {smartassembly}..........

3) In {smartassembly} there is a single option to encrypt all the string or not? setting this to true, all your strings are automatically enoded in Xenocode u have to mention 10000 string you used that what to encrypt and what not.

4) Its user interface is like 1,2,3 Done! I'm going to date my girlriend now:P.

5) I always got my queries reply within 3-4 hours Maximum.

Price Xenocode = 400$ - smartassembly = 399$ - 799$ (3 Versions)

Professional version is about 599$ and its awesome tool that works in minutes and your are Done!

Etc................

Both products are available fully function for some 15-20 days and All my above things will be proved to you.

Best Regards,

• Proposed as answer by Dimitrakis Sunday, November 7, 2010 11:53 AM
    Wednesday, September 20, 2006 9:14 PM
  • There is no best obfuscator. Every product will have few shortcomings. If you want a professional, affordable product with various protection and obfuscation functionality, flexibility of use (Direct via UI, via command-line, via MSBuild), then take a look at Crypto Obfuscator (http://www.ssware.com/cryptoobfuscator/obfuscator-net.htm )
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:26 AM
  • Good obfuscator is ArmDot. This tool uses virtualization to obfuscate code. I think this code is quite difficult to crack.
    Thursday, January 31, 2019 12:45 PM