none
How to restore VB Project after Stash RRS feed

• Question

• I have had a few clicks exploring some Visual Studio features and other tools. But I got myself into trouble after clicking on Stash. I clicked on stash and lost my VB.Net project I was still working on. In the directory I can not find it. How do I recovery the project.
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 12:50 PM

All replies

• Since this is not a VB.NET issue you should report the issue via the "Send feedback" link in the top right corner of Visual Studio. In the mean time i will move this post to the Visual Studio forum.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 1:54 PM
  • Go again to Team Explorer window, to Changes page, and see the “Stashes” section. Double-click your stash, then press “Pop” or “Apply”.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 3:31 PM
  • Hi Dparadise85,

Welcome to the MSDN forum!

When you click the "Stash", it will create a stash feature that contains all the uncommitted changes and

remove the project files in the branch.If you want the project back, please double-click your stash and choose Apply or Pop.

Apply: this will apply the changes to the branch and keep the stash

Pop:   this will apply the changes and drop the stash 

l hope this could help you.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 7:07 AM
  • Unfortunately I can not find the stash on my Team Explorer window. 

This is what i see on the Team Explorer's home:

JD

Monday, July 15, 2019 6:45 AM
  • Find it where you previously found it: in Changes page.

Monday, July 15, 2019 7:16 AM
  • Hi Dparadise85,

Thanks for your feedback.

Just like Viorel_ said, enter the page"Changes" and then you will find it.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, July 15, 2019 8:53 AM
  • This is what I see in Changes.

JD

Monday, July 15, 2019 2:28 PM
  • Hi Dparadise85,

Thanks for your detailed information.

Open the "Changes" and you can see all the changes you haven't committed. When you click "Stash", it will create a "Stashes" feature saving all the uncommitted changes and remove the files in "Changes".

If you want all the files back to the "Changes", just right-click the file in “Stashes" and select Apply or Pop.

l hope it could help you.

>>Note: Since the TFS forum has moved, for better support ,please redirect your issue to  Stack Overflow or Developer Community. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 2:07 AM