none
Unable to login in visual studio RRS feed

• Question

• Visual studio login fails. I am able to login with that account info to Microsoft website. 
    Error msg I see after log in -

We were unable to establish the connection because it is configured for user xxx@yy.com but you attempted to connect using user xxx@yy.com. To connect as a different user perform a switch user operation. To connect with the configured identity just attempt the last operation again. Emails are exactly same!!

Friday, September 23, 2016 11:29 PM

Answers

• Hi tricker_67,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

What’s your VS version and did your account related to any MSDN description?

If you are login the VS at the first time, please confirm the validation of your Microsoft account or you can try to create another account through https://account.microsoft.com/about and see if the same issue will happen or not.

If you have login successfully with the old account before and want to switch the new account and meet this issue, please have a look at this similar issue: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19517673/how-can-i-switch-my-signed-in-user-in-visual-studio-2013 and try the following:

1. Please open an administrative CMD window and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio xx.0\Common7\IDE and run these commands as below

• devenv /resetuserdata: clean up the old user data
    • devenv /resetsettings: reset the customized setting to the default setting, if you want to keep the current setting, you need to export it before resetting it, please go to Tool-Import and Export Settings…

2. Sign in as the old user, sign out and sign in as the new user

3. Click on your name in the upper right corner then click on ‘Account settings’ and sign out and sign in with another Microsoft account

4. Backup the registry key and delete the registry key under

hkey_current_user\software\Microsoft\VSCommon\12.0\clientservices\tokenstorage\visualstudio\ideuser, then reopen VS and try it again.

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 26, 2016 5:42 AM