none
webbrowser connexions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all,

I have 4 backgroundworkers and 4 webbrowsers, the workers all start at the same time and each one loads a webpage into the webbrowser asigned to it. The reason to have 4 connexions at the same time is to speed up the process. (inside each backgroundworker_dowork subroutine I inserted a line like textbox1.text=backgroundworker1.isbusy.tostring + "  " +backgroundworker2.isbusy.tostring + "  " +backgroundworker3.isbusy.tostring + "  " +backgroundworker4.isbusy.tostring just to see if they are really working all together)

I also tryed with only one webbrowser doing a loop of 4, each url being loaded into the same webbrowser after the last one finished its job.

What I noticed is that there is no benefit using 4 connexions instead of a single loop of 4.

So, in this case, am I right that 4 web connexions at the same time are not better that a single loop?

Thanks

Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:47 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Just note that the webbrowser controls use and block the application's main thread because they were created on the main thread.

Maybe we can find a better solution if you describe what you want to achieve.

Best regards,
    Herfried

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]
    • Marked as answer by todo1979 Monday, October 25, 2010 3:54 PM
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:51 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Just note that the webbrowser controls use and block the application's main thread because they were created on the main thread.

Maybe we can find a better solution if you describe what you want to achieve.

Best regards,
    Herfried

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]
    • Marked as answer by todo1979 Monday, October 25, 2010 3:54 PM
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:51 PM
  • Hi and thanks,

I have a start button that launches all 4 background workers, I have an application for myself that acts like 4 webbrowsers in one (actually I navigate with 4 browsers at the same time-like TV split) it has no special purposes, just for fun... but some things are good to be learned now while just playing.

Sunday, October 24, 2010 2:54 PM