none
WinForms designer refresh RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, All.

I am developing a language integration package using MPF. And I have a problem with WinForms designer.

The language allows use of partial classes, so the code is split to Form1.n and Form1.designer.n files. The problem is: when I open both form designer and Form1.designer.n in code editor and change Form1.designer.n and then switch to designer view, it does not refresh to reflect latest changes.
    Do I have to subscribe for some event or something like that?

I have looked in IronPython integration, but didn't find anything. Also, there may not be piece of code I need, as IronPython integration doesn't support dedicated file for form designer, and uses one file for both form event handlers and designer generated code (as in C# 1).

Hope to hear from you soon :-)
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 9:40 PM

Answers

• Only the code changes in the InitializeComponent function(either in IronPython or normal Visual C# application) can be reflected in the designer. The function is called by the designer host in the designer host.

For more questions about WinForms designer,
    Windows Forms Designer is a better place.
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 4:14 AM

All replies

• Only the code changes in the InitializeComponent function(either in IronPython or normal Visual C# application) can be reflected in the designer. The function is called by the designer host in the designer host.

For more questions about WinForms designer,
    Windows Forms Designer is a better place.
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 4:14 AM
  • I am not sure whether that forum is better place. I think, this question is more about VS extensibility than about winforms designer. Moreover, I didn't see any extensibility related questions there.
    However, if you are sure that it's better place, could you please move all my questions from this forum to there (maybe they will generate more response :-) )?
    This is the other topic, for your convenience: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2946806&SiteID=1
    Thank you.
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 7:41 AM
  • I mean if your question is more about the implementation of the designer itself( either in VS or hosted in your package). That forum is a better place.
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 7:49 AM