none
.net framework 4.5.2 is not present

Question

• Hi all,

I have a problem with my application, we try to install it in Windows 8.1, but we receive the issue .net framework 4.5.2 is not present.

We try to reinstall it, but windows answer that this one is already present, I don't really understand what's the problem.

Do you have any idea on this problem ?

Thanks

Thursday, March 8, 2018 9:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Firstly, please check it if you have installed .net framework 4.5.2 on this pc, you can find .NET Framework versions by viewing the registry:

1.On the Start menu, choose Run.

2.In the Open box, enter regedit.exe.

You must have administrative credentials to run regedit.exe.

3.In the Registry Editor, open the following subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full

Note that the path to the Full subkey includes the subkey Net Framework rather than .NET Framework.

Check for a DWORD value named Release. The existence of the Release DWORD indicates that the .NET Framework 4.5 or newer has been installed on that computer.

The value of the Release DWORD indicates which version of the .NET Framework is installed.

Besides, you can deploy the .NET Framework 4.5.2 with your application, the more you can have a look at here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/deployment/

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 9, 2018 3:08 AM