none
CXX0033: Error: error in OMF type information

Question

• I'm using VS 2005 SP1, and I'm getting the above error when I add class reference variables to my watch window as I debug my application. After a full day of troubleshooting, I'm stuck.

Here's my project configuration. I have a single lib project that is used by 3 different projects: 1 exe and 2 dlls. The problem occurs only for the code defined in the lib project. When I step through code defined in either of the 3 projects that reference the lib, the watch window works just fine. Also, it only occurs when debugging the 2 dll projects. When debugging the exe, the watch window reports class info for code in lib just fine.

It appears that the pdb for the dll is missing the metadata for the lib. Any any ideas why or how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Sean

Monday, March 17, 2008 11:35 PM

All replies

• Found a solution. I had to #include a bunch of the header files for the lib project in the precompiled header of the dll project that was referencing the lib. I didn't need these #includes to compile since most of the classes in the lib weren't directly used in the dll project. However, adding the #includes brought those classes into the PDB file. Seems like there's a bug in there somewhere...

-Sean

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 4:24 AM
  • Hi Sean,

I suspect your problem may be related with the two KB articles below:

"An attempt to create a debugging library that uses precompiled headers may fail, and fatal build errors may be generated"

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/102697  

"
    BUG: Problems with Visual C++ 6.0 .pdb File in Visual Studio .NET Debugger"

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/318135

Thanks.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 7:03 AM