none
VS2012 Load Test - Cannot create Excel report RRS feed

• Question

• When I click the button "Create Excel Report", it fails to load into Excel.

The "Load Test Report Addin" Excel COM Add-in exists unchecked, and states:

"Not loaded.  A runtime error occured during the loading of the COM Add-in."

I've attempted to load the Excel Add-in via "Add" from within Excel and double-clicking the Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.LoadTestExcelAddIn.vsto file, without success.

This worked for me with VS2010 previously.

My system:

• VS2012 sp1
    • VS2012 Controller
    • VS2012 Agent
    • VS2010 sp1

I need to create Excel reports Asap.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:25 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I notice that you have installed VS2010 SP1 on that machine, so after you upgrade Excel2007 to Excel 2010, please try to install Microsoft Excel 2010 SP1 to check the result.

As far as I know, if you install Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1, then you must install Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 in order for Microsoft Excel reporting to continue functioning correctly. Similarly, installing Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 requires you to install Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1. If you do not install both of the service packs, the Load Test tab will not appear in the Office ribbon for Microsoft Excel.

If still no help, I’m afraid that I don’t have other good idea about this issue, but you could submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously. Thanks for your understanding. After you submit the feedback, you can post the link here which will be beneficial for other members with the similar issue. And I will help you to vote it.

In addition, you can also choose to manually create Microsoft Word reports by copying and pasting data from the summary view, graphs view, and tables view. For more information, see How to: Manually Create a Load Test Performance Report Using Microsoft Word.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, April 22, 2013 2:20 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Which version of Microsoft Office?

If you are using Microsoft Office 2007 and Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate to export load test result into Excel, as I know, Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate is not compatible with Microsoft Office 2007. You must upgrade to Microsoft Office 2010.

After upgrading to Microsoft Office 2010, the Load Test Excel plug-in might not load properly. To correct this, in Microsoft Excel 2010, follow these steps:

1. In the Office ribbon, choose File.
    2. Choose Options and then choose Add-Ins.
    3. In the drop-down list under Manage, choose COM Add-Ins, and then select Go.
    4. Select the checkbox for Load Test Report Addin.

For more information, see:

How to: Create Load Test Performance Reports Using Microsoft Excel

Maybe this thread with similar issue can help you:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vstest/thread/a3a10d6e-42a1-4314-abf5-0ae2a8ba914d

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, April 5, 2013 1:02 AM
  • Hello,

Since we haven't heard from you for some time, I temporarily close this case. I mark useful reply as answer. If you have any concerns, please feel free to reopen it or submit a new question.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:47 AM
  • No luck.  With MS Office 2010, VS2012 Update-2, VS2012 Controller and Agent Update-2, Excel fails to launch as noted originally.

One of these installations caused trouble, no doubt.  I've attempted to reinstall all of the above mentioned, but no success.

What is a workaround for creating MS Excel Load Test reports via the Load Test Report wizard??

Friday, April 19, 2013 10:44 PM
  • Here are more details:

MS Excel has an error when attempting to manually configure the "COM Add-Ins":

Load Test Report Addin

Not loaded.  A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in.

I have attempted to manually register the COM components, without any success.

Attempting to run the file Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.LoadTestExcelAddIn.vsto, produces the following:

The target system has .net 2, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5 installed (and VS2012, etc...)

Friday, April 19, 2013 10:51 PM
  • Hello,

I notice that you have installed VS2010 SP1 on that machine, so after you upgrade Excel2007 to Excel 2010, please try to install Microsoft Excel 2010 SP1 to check the result.

As far as I know, if you install Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1, then you must install Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 in order for Microsoft Excel reporting to continue functioning correctly. Similarly, installing Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 requires you to install Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1. If you do not install both of the service packs, the Load Test tab will not appear in the Office ribbon for Microsoft Excel.

If still no help, I’m afraid that I don’t have other good idea about this issue, but you could submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously. Thanks for your understanding. After you submit the feedback, you can post the link here which will be beneficial for other members with the similar issue. And I will help you to vote it.

In addition, you can also choose to manually create Microsoft Word reports by copying and pasting data from the summary view, graphs view, and tables view. For more information, see How to: Manually Create a Load Test Performance Report Using Microsoft Word.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]

Monday, April 22, 2013 2:20 AM
  • Hi

I have the exact same issue. I have VS 2012 Ultimate and Office 2010 SP 1 installed on a new Windows 2008 R2 server.

The Load Test Report addin is not working, having status unloaded in Excel.
    When I click on Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.LoadTestExcelAddIn.vsto I get the same message"...a compatible version of the .NET Framework is not installed"

But all .NET versions are installed. I have also tried repairing the 4.5 .NET version.

I have reinstalled VS and Office but without any luck.

It starts to get really urgent since I need to create a comparison report.

//Jakobov

Monday, October 14, 2013 2:57 PM
  • I have not found a solution to this problem; I workaround the issue (most certainly an MS bug) by accessing the load test results from a different system (with a clean VS2012 and Office installation) and generating the reports.  This is unfortunate.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:34 PM
  • Thanks Sean

I will use that workaround until there is a solution.

//Jakobov

Friday, October 25, 2013 12:26 PM
  • Hi has anyone found a resolution to this yet?

I have now stumbled accross this and would very much like it to work...

Am using:

OS = Windows 7 Ent SP1

VS = Ultimate 2012 Ver. 11.0.60315.01 Update 2

Office = Excel 2013 (15.0.4551.1003) MSO(15.0.4551.1005) 32-Bit, MS Office 365 ProPlus

same msgs are shown as previous posts...

regards

Raja

Thursday, December 5, 2013 10:13 AM
  • Thank you! It solve my problem.
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 4:04 PM