none
error C2065: 'DWORD_PTR' : undeclared identifier RRS feed

Answers

• DWORD_PTR is declared by one of the windows SDK headers (probably windef.h - but you should be #including <windows.h>).  If you've #included <windows.h> and don't have DWORD_PTR defined, then your version of the Windows SDK is too old and you'll need to install a newer version.  I'm not sure if the current Windows SDK still supports VC6 (or if not, what version does). 

Friday, November 30, 2007 5:39 PM

All replies

• DWORD_PTR is declared by one of the windows SDK headers (probably windef.h - but you should be #including <windows.h>).  If you've #included <windows.h> and don't have DWORD_PTR defined, then your version of the Windows SDK is too old and you'll need to install a newer version.  I'm not sure if the current Windows SDK still supports VC6 (or if not, what version does). 

Friday, November 30, 2007 5:39 PM
  •  Carl Daniel wrote:

I'm not sure if the current Windows SDK still supports VC6 (or if not, what version does). 

No, I am sure the latest Windows SDK does not support VC6, the last one that still compatible with vc6 is the February 2003 Edition. Found this in Development Tools item in System requirement section of this page.

Thursday, December 6, 2007 6:02 AM