none
Release date for Visual Studio 2017 Update 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is there specific release date for VS2017 Update 7.

I'm looking forward for this update as this fixes one of the major bugs which will help our product.

Any lead is appreciated.

Regards

Monday, May 7, 2018 4:55 AM

All replies

• There is no specific date for VS2017 15.7, but the official page of VS2017 release note will update it as soon as it's released.

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 7, 2018 8:16 AM
  • If you look at previous releases, you will notice things like:

15.0: 7th March 2017
    15.1: 5th April 2017
    15.2: 10th May 2017
    15.3: 14th August 2017
    15.4: 9th October 2017
    15.5: 4th December 2017
    15.6: 5th March 2018

So it has settled into a release every two or three months, so it will either be this month (May, 2 months) or next month (June, 3 months). Of course, this is a guess based upon previous releases so don't put much faith in the prediction.

Build 2018 also starts today, Microsoft are known for doing some releases during these things.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Monday, May 7, 2018 10:42 AM
  • I think it is being installed for me right now. The page that Fletch Zhou provided says today, correct?

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, May 7, 2018 7:58 PM