none
Using TFS with LightSwitch RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,  I have installed TFS 2011 Beta on my Notebook where I am working on a LightSwitch Project.  I need TFS as we will be 2 developers working on the ame LightSwitch project.  The problem is that I Receive the following error when I try to Connect to Team Foundation Server via LightSwitch:

"An exception was encountered while constructing the content of this frame.  This information is also logged by running the application with the /log parameter on the command line, which stores results in "C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ActivityLog.xml".

Exception details:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Package 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.ServicesHostPackage, Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.TeamExplorer, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' failed to load.
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Platform.WindowManagement.WindowFrame.GetPackage()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Platform.WindowManagement.WindowFrame.ConstructContent()"

Does anyone have an Idea where I can startto resolve this error?  Please note that TFS has installed without any errors.

Kind Regards

Monday, May 21, 2012 6:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,  I have installed TFS 2011 Beta on my Notebook where I am working on a LightSwitch Project.  I need TFS as we will be 2 developers working on the ame LightSwitch project.  The problem is that I Receive the following error when I try to Connect to Team Foundation Server via LightSwitch:

"An exception was encountered while constructing the content of this frame.  This information is also logged by running the application with the /log parameter on the command line, which stores results in "C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ActivityLog.xml".

Exception details:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Package 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.ServicesHostPackage, Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.TeamExplorer, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' failed to load.
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Platform.WindowManagement.WindowFrame.GetPackage()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Platform.WindowManagement.WindowFrame.ConstructContent()"

Does anyone have an Idea where I can startto resolve this error?  Please note that TFS has installed without any errors.

Kind Regards

Monday, May 21, 2012 6:33 PM
  • Does TFS work as expected when you check in a non-Lightswitch project (e.g. a simple console app) ?

paul van bladel

Monday, May 21, 2012 6:37 PM
  • Hi Paul, I unfortunately only have LightSwitch and TFS Installed on my Notebook.  Is there any other way to tst? I am also new to TFS, so I am not sure if I can check the code in outside of LightSwitch, Directly in TFS,  possible?

Kind Regards,

• Edited by SpoedNick Monday, May 21, 2012 6:46 PM
    Monday, May 21, 2012 6:45 PM
  • Hi Paul, I unfortunately only have LightSwitch and TFS Installed on my Notebook.  Is there any other way to tst? I am also new to TFS, so I am not sure if I can check the code in outside of LightSwitch, Directly in TFS,  possible?

Kind Regards,

Sorry, I'm using visual studio ultimate + TFS, so I can't reproduce:(

paul van bladel

Monday, May 21, 2012 7:13 PM
  • Hi,

Try to run:

devenv /resetskippkgs

to see whether it works. If it still doesn't work, as this is not a LightSwitch issue please ask in the Visual Studio forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsx/threads

Allen Chen [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Paul Van Bladel Wednesday, May 23, 2012 6:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Otomii Lu Monday, May 28, 2012 2:03 AM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 6:22 AM