none
Where can I find a specific version of vcredist? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am debugging a dump file that an user sent us and my problem is that I don't have access to the mfc100u.dll version that is used. Previously I have managed to find the specific vcredist downloads by searching the internet but not this time.

So the general question is if there is a page where I can download a specific version of a vcredist package for any VS version? Or can I connect my VS debugger to a symbol server to get it? (It is already connected to Microsoft Symbol Server)

The specific question is, where can I find the vcredist package that contain mfc100u.dll 10.0.40219.332, 64 bit.

Thanks

Christian

Monday, December 18, 2017 7:21 AM

All replies

• Monday, December 18, 2017 1:44 PM
  • Hi Christian,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Which version of the Visual Studio VC++ Redistributable do you want to download? You can go to this: https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/older-downloads/ and scroll down to the bottom, the version of 2015/2013/2012/2010 are optional.

>> The specific question is, where can I find the vcredist package that contain mfc100u.dll 10.0.40219.332, 64 bit.

I checked this ‘mfc100u.dll’ on my several PCs, it seems the version number is ’10.0.40219.325’ which is lower than you required.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 6:21 AM
  • Thank you for the replies Sara.

They doesn't help me though as I need to find a specific version of the dll and vc redist package.

Doesn't Microsoft have all these packages on a web page, FTP server or whatever that I can access?

Thursday, December 21, 2017 11:00 AM
  • Hi Christian,

Thank you for your update.

As far as I know, we cannot have the way that you required, only those released Visual C++ Redistributable we shared above can be accessed, sorry for this inconvenience.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, December 22, 2017 7:33 AM