none
Older platform build tools unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• I recall that last year it was possible to download the compiler and build tools for previous versions of Visual Studio (back to 2008). I still need to do this in order to compile libraries outside of my control (e.g Cython, which requires 2010 visual studio) but unfortunately these tools aren't included with visual studio and I cannot find where to download them (or full previous versions although the build tools selectable as a compiler option but using the modern IDE are far more convenient) . As a result, my work is blocked. 
    Can somebody point me in the right direction or, if they've been deliberately removed, explain the reasons for this? 

Thank you.
    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:14 PM

Answers

• Hi TimLuther,

>>I still need to do this in order to compile libraries outside of my control (e.g Cython, which requires 2010 visual studio) but unfortunately these tools aren't included with visual studio

May I know if the Cython installed together with Visual Studio? Besides MSBuild forum is for discussing the Microsoft build engine aka MSBuild. Topics including: usage of MSBuild, build customization, and MSBuild extensibility via tasks, loggers and hosting.

I would suggest you to ask at Visual Studio installation forum if the libraries are installed with Visual Studio in the previous versions, or you could consult the library owner.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 2:13 AM