none
Cannot install .Net Framework 4 on XP SP3

Question

• HI,

I tried to install .Net Framework 4 on my computer and it simply won't install. If I double- click "dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe", it looks like the computer "think" for a moment and the nothing happens. I tried to extract the files and open "Setup.exe" and then I get the following massage:

Blocking Issues:

You cannot use this setup program to install the .NET Framework.  For more information, see the Readme file.

Here's the log I got:

https://cid-a91f8bf523c99cc4.office.live.com/view.aspx/.Documents/logs.doc

I can't see how my computer doesn't meet the system requirements. I'll be glad if you'll provide any help.

Saturday, December 4, 2010 11:41 AM

Answers

• Hi buffalo_soldier11,

I’m sorry to know that it doesn’t work still.

I read your post carefully, but I think your question is unclear for me so that currently I cannot give much helpful information on this.

From your description, you can run this app in Safe Mode. If yes, could you please collect the installation log file via Collect Tool? It can help us analysis your issue better.

Please download Collect Tool here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2007/08/01/4172276.aspx

Then, please send log file to me. (v-xugong at Microsoft.com)

Please attach your thread’s link in your mail.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Larcolais

Larcolais Gong[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:14 AM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 2:38 AM

All replies

• Boot into Safe Mode with Networking and try from there.
    Sunday, December 5, 2010 6:11 AM
  • Thanks for the help, but there is another problem- from safe mode I was able to open "dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe" but after it downloaded the required files I got a massage saying the installation could not continue while in safe mod. Any ideas?
    Sunday, December 5, 2010 4:24 PM
  • Hi buffalo_soldier11,

Thank you for posting.

Please check if your log file can be downloaded correctly from the link.

Look forward for your reply.

Best Regards,

Larcolais

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback of our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, December 6, 2010 9:44 AM
  • Hi buffalo_soldier11,

Any update? Is your issue resolved? Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Larcolais

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback of our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, December 10, 2010 2:20 AM
  • Hey, still no solution to my problem. When I attempt to open "dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe" it just doesn't do anything. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks.

Saturday, December 18, 2010 9:59 PM
  • Hi buffalo_soldier11,

I’m sorry to know that it doesn’t work still.

I read your post carefully, but I think your question is unclear for me so that currently I cannot give much helpful information on this.

From your description, you can run this app in Safe Mode. If yes, could you please collect the installation log file via Collect Tool? It can help us analysis your issue better.

Please download Collect Tool here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2007/08/01/4172276.aspx

Then, please send log file to me. (v-xugong at Microsoft.com)

Please attach your thread’s link in your mail.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Larcolais

Larcolais Gong[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft

• Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:14 AM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 2:38 AM