none
Using ProgressBar within Prism view RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

We are building an application by implementing Prism view and ViewModels as well as MVVm.

We have notice that when the application starts, it takes a really long time to initialise and show the Prism view. Then when loaded the first time, if we loaded it a second time the same window all is really fast.

We have identify that the whole Prism plubing and initialisation of all data from VieemModels is really long but we cannot play so much on this based on our code review.

So last solution we get is to inform users at least that something is going on.

For that we are looking to display a kind of waitinig page or progress bar in any place we might need it.

I know how to implement a simple scroolbar in a wpf app but here my concern is more to implement in within my Prism architecture if it is simple and easy manageable.

Does any one have samples on this approach ?

regards

Sunday, June 24, 2018 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hi wakefun,

>>We have notice that when the application starts, it takes a really long time to initialise and show the Prism view.

For this question, let's discuss in here.

Please not only just keep one question in one post, but also avoid duplicated questions in different threads. Thank you for your understanding.

>>For that we are looking to display a kind of waitinig page or progress bar in any place we might need it.

Please check out this discussion. Andy and Magnus provided good suggestions, Maguns also quoted his own blog post with sample.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 25, 2018 5:30 AM