none
Net Framework 3.5 RRS feed

• Question

• I need help installing Net Framework 3.5

I have tried absolutely everything I've seen online, the cmd, the iso, changing group policies, the control panel, nothing works at all.

I'm getting error code 0x80070002 when I try to install NF 3.5, and getting the specified file could not be found by the system or something along those lines when I try to do it by the cmd.

I'm running all the latest updates and drivers and whatnot on Windows 10 Pro, please help.

This is shameful Microsoft, I shouldn't need to be stuck on this problem for days.

• Edited by billymsh Monday, July 23, 2018 4:00 AM
    Sunday, July 22, 2018 6:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Billymsh,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

In general, error 0x80070002 means “the system can’t find specified file”, please try to run the command: sfc /scannow to check your OS is intergriy or not, for more detail information, please check this doc: https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, July 23, 2018 8:47 AM
  • Hi Billymsh,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

In general, error 0x80070002 means “the system can’t find specified file”, please try to run the command: sfc /scannow to check your OS is intergriy or not, for more detail information, please check this doc: 

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thanks for the help, but it doesn't seem to have changed nothing.

http://prntscr com/kah9ok

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 5:27 PM
  • Windows 10 includes a far newer version of .NET Framework than .NET 3.5 and is installed side by side. There is no need to install .NET FW 3.5 or another earlier versions than what is included in Windows 10 - you should be good to go. The OS will also block the installation, as you are experiencing.

C# MVP (2007-2010) MS Vendor - MS All the way! Follower since 1995 MS Super Evangelist| MSDN Forums Moderator

• Proposed as answer by ahmedilyasModerator Wednesday, July 25, 2018 2:17 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by billymsh Thursday, July 26, 2018 6:46 AM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2018 2:16 AM
  • Windows 10 includes a far newer version of .NET Framework than .NET 3.5 and is installed side by side. There is no need to install .NET FW 3.5 or another earlier versions than what is included in Windows 10 - you should be good to go. The OS will also block the installation, as you are experiencing.

C# MVP (2007-2010) MS Vendor - MS All the way! Follower since 1995 MS Super Evangelist| MSDN Forums Moderator

Yes, I HAVE a need to install Net Framework 3.5 as I need it for older games interfaces, such as The Sims 3's launcher application, which I need NFW 3.5 for, if I had no need to install it I wouldn't be bothering to be here.

This is not the answer.

Thursday, July 26, 2018 6:46 AM
  • Hi Billymsh,

Thank you for your feedback in MSDN forum.

You had better use the DISM command line to install the .NET Framework 3.5, please take the following steps to troubleshoot your issue:

(1)    check if you had created an ISO image locally. if not, download and run the media creation tool, you can refer to the second topic : “Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC (click to show more or less information)” in this link.

(2)    After installation finished, you can find a new disc image file named “windows.iso”, double-click it and access the “F:\source\sxs” (F: is the path of you installed media  ) .

(3)    Open cmd.exe with administrator privileges and run the following command line :

Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:F:\sources\sxs

(4)    After completing the installation of .NET Framework 3.5 you can see that the feature is enabled.

Please let us know if it works for you .

Best Regards,

Xiu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 27, 2018 7:37 AM
  • Sorry for the late reply.

I'm still getting the same error as before, "error 2 system cannot find the specified file"

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 3:56 PM