none
not importing all rows RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working on importing one table to dev table, my source table has 780 rows in it. I have [keep identity] checked, my destination table has 50 rows in it, (yes some ID's are the same in each table that I have to find a work around for), however, the import is skipping the first 500 rows and only importing around 200 rows or so. What would cause that to happen?

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hi SharePointGuy123,

Please share your SSIS package overall design.

A screen shot of it will be helpful too.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 3:05 PM
  • I'm working on importing one table to dev table, my source table has 780 rows in it. I have [keep identity] checked, my destination table has 50 rows in it, (yes some ID's are the same in each table that I have to find a work around for), however, the import is skipping the first 500 rows and only importing around 200 rows or so. What would cause that to happen?

In OLEDB source, have you selected table from dropdown? Or is it a variable that holds SQL Query? 

There has be a WHERE clause, just guessing. 

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" and upvote it
    - Vaibhav

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 4:29 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please share the components(source,transformations,destination) that you used

in your SSIS package?

Please share the screen shot of your components in the data flow and the editor of your source.

It seems that you filtered the data using sql query or components.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 6:53 AM
  • Hi,

Could you please share the components(source,transformations,destination) that you used

in your SSIS package?

Please share the screen shot of your components in the data flow and the editor of your source.

It seems that you filtered the data using sql query or components.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

I'm doing the same way as in the screenshots. one issue I'm having is that I have duplicated ID's so that's causing an issue when trying to  [keep identity] is checked
    Thursday, December 12, 2019 3:45 PM
  • Hi,

We could use Sort Transformation to filter the duplicated ID and Row Count Transformation to get the rows

from source to destination.

Please refer to Sort Transformation in SSIS and Row Count Transformation in SSIS.

Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support

Friday, December 13, 2019 9:58 AM
  • Hi,

May I know if you have anything to update?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. 

This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support

Monday, December 16, 2019 8:25 AM