none
Download older versions of ASDK

Question

• Is it possible? 

I have lots of problems installing 19xx but never had a problem installing 18xx ..is there somewhere i can download it?

Cheers,

Jon

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 9:33 AM

Answers

All replies

• Unfortunately past builds for the ASDK are not available at this time. We have given thought to making them available in the future, so I will pass your feedback along. You can also add your request for past builds Here

There are some known issues with 1902 and the validation stages, what error are you getting?

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 8:39 PM
  • I'm installing onto a virtual machine so I've had to edit the BareMetal.Tests.ps1 file to allow virtual and to lower the amount of CPU's. I have enough resources to run it but Hyper-V doesn't allow adding a 2nd CPU, only CPU cores. I'm running on Hyper-V, 16 cores, 128GB RAM.

The first error I get is if i pre-configure the required D: drive, even if i have another blank 4 x 250gb disks, even if the D: drive is n the same disk as C: - it wont go further if i have more than C: configured. I then format the D: drive and restart the installation, it then gest further.

Second error is now because i dont have a D: drive - a requirement I couldnt find mentioned anywhere, only when i googled someone said i needed a writable D: drive. So i reconfigure the previous D: drive again, restart the installation and it moves on.

Next error is that i'm not on the correct domain. In previous versions everything just worked and rebooted itself as it seen fit. I found someone else online who had the same problems. I then manually add myself to the AzureStack domain as the domain controller has been successfully deployed. Reboot and rerun the installer.

Next error is a permissions error accessing one of the created files in a new folder on C: Cant remember where. I give the AzureStackAdmin user permissions and it works. Rerun installation

The final error that stops me is "cannot access required registry location" something along those lines. I'm guessing similar issue to above, disabling the UAC GPO's dont do anything and this is where i stopped as i imaging these are a knock on effect from a previous failure.

I had version 18xx installed but i used ADFS but i want to use our CloudEnvironment so i reinstalled using AzureCloud.

I'm rerunning the whole thing now to get the errors. Any ideas?

Running on a Dell R630 cluster with Synology SSD NAS,

cheers,
    Jon
    Wednesday, April 17, 2019 9:36 AM
  • Unfortunately I would need more information on your most recent error to move forward, like the full error, where exactly it is occurring, along with some log files. 

There are a few guides out there for getting Azure Stack working on a VM, but they are using much older builds. Unfortunately the error you state is not one that I am familiar with. Your best bet moving forward is to install Azure Stack on a physical server, not on virtualization. 

Friday, April 19, 2019 10:14 PM