none
devops pipeline build error in dotnet desktop application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am David! 
    actually I am not a programmer.
    I just work for small manufacturer and I like programming with C#, just beginner.
    recently I am developing our PDF Document file view application.
    I am using Com Componet Adobe PDF Reader.
    it is working well and no problem building in visual studio 2017 community.
    But when I using in DevOPs PipeLine, below Error message in Build Solution.
    I struggling with it almost 2 weeks Please Help.

1. Waring Message
    ##[warning]C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2729,5): Warning MSB3284: Cannot get the file path for type library "05bfd3f1-6319-4f30-b752-c7a22889bcc4" version 1.0. Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED))

2. Error Message
    ##[error]WindowsFormsApp1\Form1.Designer.cs(60,17): Error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AxAcroPDFLib' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Form1.Designer.cs(60,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AxAcroPDFLib' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [D:\a\1\s\WindowsFormsApp1\WindowsFormsApp1.csproj]

I found similar error in internet and I tried but I can't.
    I want to using DevOps.
    Bye

Monday, March 18, 2019 5:11 PM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Thanks for posting here.

This forum is about the MSBuild with VS IDE(Discuss the Microsoft build engine aka MSBuild. Topics including: usage of MSBuild, build customization, and MSBuild extensibility via tasks, loggers and hosting.). 

As your issue is more related to the DevOps, I suggest that you could open an new thread on the DeveloperCommunity(There has a Devops Forum for this issue). More community members on that forum may further look at your issue and provide more suggestions.

If you have some MSBuild questions, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation. 

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 3:10 AM
  • Thank's a lot I din't Know that but your kindness help was good for Me
    Bye have an nice day.!

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 6:22 AM
  • Hi Jack Thank you very much.
    I knew a lot from your guide.
    I got more information through your kindness help.
    unfortunately same Error(it works well using MSbuild.exe)
    as your opinion I need go to DevOps.
    Bye
    Best Regards
    David
    Tuesday, March 19, 2019 6:51 AM
  • @David1930,

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/486274/azure-devops-there-is-no-error-in-vs-2017-but-an-e.html

You could check that whether it is related to your host agent, the real issue is that if you want to build your project with the specific Environment, as far as I know, we need to create the custom agent.

Anyway, if you get any MSbuild issue, feel free to post it here.

In addition, if you post it to the Azure DevOps site, please also share your detailed build logs. It would be helpful for Azure DevOps team members to analyze this issue.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 7:33 AM