none
Find in Files in VS2012

Question

• Nothing shows in the results window 1 or 2 when I use the Find in Files functionality, it works OK in VS2010 that I have installed on the same machine.
    Saturday, September 14, 2013 11:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I find one workable solution to this issue,which needs you to check if the following registry key is ok. 

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{73B7DC00-F498-4ABD-AB79-D07AFD52F395}]
    @="PSFactoryBuffer"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{73B7DC00-F498-4ABD-AB79-D07AFD52F395}\InProcServer32]
    @="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\Microsoft Shared\\MSEnv\\TextMgrP.dll"
    "ThreadingModel"="Both"

For more information,please refer to the following link:

Visual Studio 2012 Find in Files not Displaying Files

For added protection,please back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information,please refer to How to back up, edit, and restore the registry in Windows 2000 .

Best Regards,

Jane.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 16, 2013 6:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I find one workable solution to this issue,which needs you to check if the following registry key is ok. 

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{73B7DC00-F498-4ABD-AB79-D07AFD52F395}]
    @="PSFactoryBuffer"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{73B7DC00-F498-4ABD-AB79-D07AFD52F395}\InProcServer32]
    @="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\Microsoft Shared\\MSEnv\\TextMgrP.dll"
    "ThreadingModel"="Both"

For more information,please refer to the following link:

Visual Studio 2012 Find in Files not Displaying Files

For added protection,please back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information,please refer to How to back up, edit, and restore the registry in Windows 2000 .

Best Regards,

Jane.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 16, 2013 6:33 AM
  • The registry settings were correct on my system. However I happened to open another solution and the issue was not present.  So I deleted the entire solution directory for the Non-Working solution and retrieved it fresh from source control. The issue was resolved.

Friday, July 25, 2014 3:58 PM