none
Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040108, RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
                I am working on outlook customization for one company. As part of requirment, i took the user property, "isRead" and in Item_Load event i am setting the user property to previously opend item. This is working fine. But some times i am getting the error "Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040108" when i tried to read the same property. What this exception and how to ressolve it. Please help me as deadline approaching faster.

Thanks
    Pradeep yamujala
    Monday, January 19, 2009 4:16 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

The exception you got means "The item’s properties and methods cannot be used inside this event procedure". So please make sure you are using the proper event.

Please refer to following link:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb175112.aspx

the above link says: "This event occurs when the Outlook item begins to load into memory. Data for the item is not yet available, other than the values for the Class and MessageClass properties of the Outlook item, so an error occurs when calling any property other than Class or MessageClass for the Outlook item returned in Item."

If you would like to follow up with your specific scenario may be we could find out the proper event to hook together.

Thanks
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 6:28 AM