I have 6+ years of vb6 and 1 year of c# experience. But that was 5 years ago. I have focused on database programming since then. How do I prepare for an interview that requires 3+ years of C# experience? I have this interview on Monday. I would appreciate all the links for learning and preparation videos/articles as well as commonly asked interview questions. I am currently unemployed and badly need a job that is why I applied for the job. Once hired, I know I can do the job but I need to present myself as an experienced and knowledgeable person.
- Changed type Cookie Luo Tuesday, July 19, 2011 3:59 AM
TechInterviews are really good.
Check these one out:
And you can also test yourself at:
Finally use this book for covering .NET overview:
Good Luck :)
Hmm. Not sure about these links. I am not sure that these questions will help at all.
I would use the remaining days to read about the technology where you know that the company will use it.
Going through simple questions with answers will not help you. It is quite unlikely that exactly these questions will come. And you do not need an answer you learned. You need an understanding! At least we really check that the person also understood something.
So my suggestion is to read up some technology so that you remember what was important or that you understood some basics if it is completly new to you.
Good Luck on the interview!
With kind regards,
Your C# quiz has errors:
- Question 1: depending on the situation, multiple catch blocks can be executed. For example, if the try-catch is inside another try and the catch block throws an exception.
- Question 11: none of the answers are correct. A class cannot inherit from an interface.
- Question 14: none of the answers are correct. An exception is thrown except if unboxed to a nullable type.
As a reply to the OP, it has two problems:
- It's a bit late for an interview due July 18, 2011
- It's rather basic questions and the interview requires 3+ years of C# experience.