none
View details of GPU Usage Profiler crashes Visual Studio 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• When I run the performance profiler with GPU Usage checked, I can see the 3 rows of GPU Usage data, but when I stop the program and select my 3 second timeframe and select view details, I get an error that says "The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434352) occurred in the application at location xxx" and then pressing OK closes Visual Studio. I have a GeForce 1070Ti as my GPU and have manually updated it to the latest drivers (https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/155644). I have also tried updating Visual Studio 2017to the latest version, repairing my install, and trying it with a clean boot but none have worked. I have run devenv.exe /Log and done the same steps and have uploaded the ActivityLog.xml file to my OneDrive https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqT20WJsFU1VjHFviBZLmF0qkP8P?e=5V965S. It happens with every project type, the two I use regularly and discovered the issue with are Monogame Windows Project and C++ D3D11 Win32 Game Project.

• Edited by super kamakazee Saturday, December 14, 2019 7:32 AM Additional info
    Saturday, December 14, 2019 7:29 AM

All replies

• Hi super kamakazee,

Sorry for delay in reply.

According to your description, you could try to create a new project, then run it with performance profiler with GPU usage, then check if it could work.

If it persists, please follow the steps below from this answer:

1. Explicitly set permissions - that are inheritable by subfolders and files - on %TMP% to allow full control to the system account (NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) and your user:                                         "icacls %TMP% /grant "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(OI)(CI)(F)"<br>icacls %TMP% /grant "<yourUserAccount>:(OI)(CI)(F)""
    2. If the parent folder (%LOCALAPPDATA%) has inheritable permissions that include full access for the system account and your user, set %TMP% to just inherit its permissions:                                    "icacls %TMP% /inheritance:e"

Any feedback will be greatly expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, December 16, 2019 8:52 AM
  • Hi super kamakazee,

Sorry to bother you.

According to your description, I’m not sure if there is something wrong with .net framework, or because of some corrupted files or old drivers which are contradicting with Windows.

You could use Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tools to try to find and repair .net framework then check if it works.

Maybe you could also refer to this thread:

Unknown Software Exception 0xe0434352.

Hope this could help you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:46 AM