none
Create filter with a picklist RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In Andy Kung's blog (part-5-search-screen-and-dynamic-ui) , he shows a good example to add filter and combine with a parameter:

i.e. Click Add Filter to create a new And filter. Select Title and contains. We need to wire it up with a query parameter, so select Parameter.

I have a new requirement: instead of using a free text filter, I would have a picklist with the following choices:

Xmas Party

Thanks-giving Party

Friday Dinner

Special Event

Is it possible? or should I use some other mechanism other than Add Filter + Paramenter?

Thanks in advance for your advice.   

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 3:23 PM

Answers

• When the Title parameter is dragged onto the screen, not only does that create a Title textbox control on the screen, it also creates a Title property to which the parameter in bound. Simply 1) select the Title property, 2) in your properties tab, select 'choice list' and 3) make your choice list entries. Then finally change the Title textbox property to a drop down.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, February 2, 2015 12:06 PM
    Sunday, January 25, 2015 7:45 AM

All replies

• I have a new requirement: instead of using a free text filter, I would have a picklist with the following choices:

Xmas Party

Thanks-giving Party

Friday Dinner

Special Event

If you use picklist in this scenario, it makes it a little complex.
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:26 AM
  • Andrew, any other alternative which is simple?

Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:00 AM
  • When the Title parameter is dragged onto the screen, not only does that create a Title textbox control on the screen, it also creates a Title property to which the parameter in bound. Simply 1) select the Title property, 2) in your properties tab, select 'choice list' and 3) make your choice list entries. Then finally change the Title textbox property to a drop down.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, February 2, 2015 12:06 PM
    Sunday, January 25, 2015 7:45 AM
  • Hi, Delordson,

thanks for your tips, it works perfect! This is what I need.

Andy 

Monday, January 26, 2015 7:47 AM