Installing TFS PowerShell Cmdlets

Question

• I cannot get the TFS PowerShell Cmdlets installed. During the install, I am not prompted to install them. And, in fact, the Typical Install text states it will not install them. After installing, then going in to modify, I do not see PowerShell Cmdlets in the list of features.

I am on TFS 2013 Update 4 and PowerShell 4.0. How do I install these Cmdlets on the TFS server?

Thursday, February 19, 2015 1:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Dgiohnson,

Thanks for your post.

Do you mean the PowerShell Cmdlets feature in TFS 2013 Power Tools? If yes,
    when install TFS 2013 Power Tools, please select the custom install to select
    install tis PowerShell Cmdlets feature. This feature in exclude by default when
    isntall TFS 2013 Power Tools.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 20, 2015 6:46 AM
  • John, looks like I missed the screen telling me I needed Visual Studio or Team Explorer.  After installing Team Explorer the PowerShell Cmdlets appear to be installed.
    Monday, February 23, 2015 1:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Dgiohnson,

Thanks for your post.

Do you mean the PowerShell Cmdlets feature in TFS 2013 Power Tools? If yes,
    when install TFS 2013 Power Tools, please select the custom install to select
    install tis PowerShell Cmdlets feature. This feature in exclude by default when
    isntall TFS 2013 Power Tools.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, February 20, 2015 6:46 AM
  • John, yes, I mean the Cmdlets from TFS 2013 Power Tools.  I tried going the Custom Installation route, and they do not appear in my list of options.  And now, when I go back in and say "Modify" the only options I have (which are the same as if I were to uninstall and then run the installation and choose Customer) are Best Practices Analyzer and Test Attachment Cleaner.

I am on TFS Server 2013 Update 4, and trying to use TFS Power Tools Update 2.  I do not need the other Power Tools, just the Cmdlets (I need to create a Post-Build script to copy external files), so if there is another way to get them that would be fine too.

Friday, February 20, 2015 3:03 PM
  • Hi Dgjohnson,

Thanks for your reply.

Please download TFS 2013 Power Tools from here:https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/f017b10c-02b4-4d6d-9845-58a06545627f.

And share the custom installation features list screenshot here. 

Monday, February 23, 2015 3:22 AM
  • John, looks like I missed the screen telling me I needed Visual Studio or Team Explorer.  After installing Team Explorer the PowerShell Cmdlets appear to be installed.
    Monday, February 23, 2015 1:28 PM